Glamorous. Easy to plan. No wonder cocktail parties are our favorite get-togethers to host. You can do it relatively inexpensively too, because you serve small bites.
SIMPLY BETTER COCKTAILS
Make things easy on yourself by offering a few signature cocktails, plus nonalcoholic beverages. You can easily turn your favorite cocktail into your own signature drink by simply renaming it for the night. Or serve a classic with a twist, such as a Pomegranate Manhattan. It's best to provide at least two cocktail choices, preferably made with different alcohols.
If you're feeling ambitious, add a dessert cocktail toward the end of the night. When selecting signature drinks, think about the season and theme of your party. At an al fresco summer party, guests will love refreshing tasting Mojitos or Margaritas. In colder weather, they'll cozy up to warmed Sangria or a Ginger Spiced Cocktail.
This approach can also cut down on liquor costs. For even easier serving, mix the drinks in pitchers ahead of time, then add ice and serve when guests arrive. See recipes below.
SIMPLY BETTER FOOD
When planning your party, it helps to keep it simple. If you start with great ingredients even the simplest canapé can be a star. Select a few warm bites to prepare and serve but don’t be hesitant to try some of these tasty treats.
Fun Canapés to Try:
• Shrimp cocktails and crudites in small glasses - individual and innovative, this format will impress!
• Tomato and mozzarella bites on mini crostinis with fresh basil.
• Skewers with one piece of cheese, one grape and a piece of quince. This is the most original stick we have ever seen and tasted. Delicious!
• Large potato chips with raw tuna and toasted sesame seeds on top.
• Desserts in martini glasses - like a peach sorbet with a macaroon on top or berries with cream.
SIMPLY BETTER TIMES
A successful cocktail party includes finger food because no one has to juggle a plate and a fork, making it much easier to move around holding a cocktail glass. Simplify the eating “process,” by allowing guests to mingle and choose their own treats from platters. The result will be the right blend of food, drink, and vibe that ensures everyone has a fantabulous time, including you.